November 21, 2017 6:18 am
Written by Dalia Gavan
|TAC Name:||Merinov (Merinov)|
|Affiliated With:||Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles|
|TAC awarded:||2016, 2018|
|Short Description:||Merinov is the largest integrated center for applied research, innovation and technology transfer in the areas of fisheries, aquaculture, processing, biomass and marine biotechnology in Canada.|
|Twitter Pitch:||Merinov is the largest integrated center for applied research, innovation and technology transfer in the areas of fisheries, aquaculture, processing, biomass and marine biotechnology in Canada|
|Address:||96 montée de Sandy Beach, bureau 2.05, Gaspé, QC G4X 2V6|
|Point of Contact:||Name: Benoit Bazinet|
Services offered in: English and French
|Areas of Innovation Expertise:||· Fisheries and Aquaculture|
· Industrial processes and seafood processing
· Adding value to biotechnology products and processes
· Development of ingredients and food products
· Support and technologies for marine environmental monitoring
|Technical and Business Services||· Assistance with building products approvals and commercialization|
· Marketing Advisory Services referrals
· Technology & workflow consultation
· Technology development
· Product testing
· Field trials/Simulation
· Technology evaluation / validation
· Concept ideation & design review
· Literature reviews
· Fabrication, Prototyping and Installation Services
· Project management
· Regulatory guidance
· Early-Stage Business Development
· Production of pre-commercial batches
· Scientific report writing
· Problem solving
· Design Services
· Performance Monitoring and Management
· Scientific and technological monitoring
· Pilot trials and mini productions (incubation of products)
· Validation of processes, equipment, performance tests
|Applied Research and Development||· Automation|
· Manufacturing process design and development
· Product Design & Development
· Process optimization
· Report preparation on R&D results
· Laboratory/industrial/pilot scale protoyping
· Product Re-design & Improvement
· Reverse Engineering
· Robotics and automation and imaging
· Performance monitoring and analysis
· Concept validation
· Technology validation and transfer
|Training||· Connections to co-op placement opportunities|
· Referral to continuing education services
· Design, development, and delivery of customized training
· Curriculum development
· Needs assessment and gap analysis
· Skills assessment/Competency evaluation
· Train the trainer
· Corporate on-site & in-house training
· Training planning
· Qualitative & quantitative research
· Interactive Workshop Sessions
|Technology Diffusion||· Networking events|
· Industry-specific events & symposia
· Field site product demonstration
· Customized technology demonstrations
· Rental of space & equipment
· Participation at trade shows & other venues with or on behalf of partners
· Open houses – Testing facility & personnel
· Presentation of results at conferences
· Publishing in Peer Reviewed Literature
· Seminars and Workshops
· Evening speaker series
· Technical publications
· Literature Review
|Specialized Equipment Available||· Specialized Laboratories|
· Laboratory of Microbiology on Food Pathogens.
· Laboratory of microbiology on the marine environment (ISO 17025).
· Laboratory of analytical and preparatory chemistry.
· Laboratory of rheology (temperature, analysis of texture, color or viscosity).
· Sensory and organoleptic evaluation laboratory.
· Multifunctional laboratories for biological analyzes of organisms and their conservation.
· Laboratories for analysis of images on microscopic observations or video sockets.
· Aquaculture and wet laboratories (Magdalen Islands and Grande-Rivière) with intake and freshwater intakes. These facilities are capable of raising fish, crustaceans and molluscs according to various production parameters. All the laboratories have a quarantaine unit.
· Laboratory for the production of macro algae.
· Fishing gear design laboratory.
· Equipment for producing macro and micro algae.
· Equipment for environmental monitoring (current meter, multi-parameter probes, etc.).
· Aquaculture Monitoring equipment (oxygen, temperature, etc.).
· Underwater video equipment.
· Fleet of nine research vessels ranging from the 5-meter inflatable to the 15-meter versatile research vessel.
· Food development platform (408 m2), equipped with three multipurpose rooms, houses pilot equipment for the development of prototypes.
· Standardized multipurpose food processing plant (ÉPAQ in Grande-Rivière).
· Fractionation center (217 m2) which brings together the advanced equipment dedicated to the separation, purification and stabilization of marine extracts. Hydrolysis tanks, decanter, membrane separation by micro, nano and ultrafiltration, atomizer. Capacity of 1000 L / day.
· Mechanical workshops for the realization of various works, including, in particular, equipment design, welding and the construction or modification of equipment.